Our policy usually allows up to 60 days unoccupancy before certain restrictions apply. However, we will waive these restrictions if the unoccupancy is unavoidable as a result of coronavirus.
If you are planning to leave your property unoccupied, here are some tips to help protect your property:
- Ask a friend or neighbour to keep an eye on your property;
- Ensure your windows and doors are locked (and remove keys) and set your alarm;
- Switch off and unplug electrical items;
- Turn off the gas at the mains, unless it’s required for an automatically controlled heating system;
- Turn off the water at the mains and drain the system unless an automatically controlled heating system requiring the water supply is left in operation.